Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tomato & Goat Cheese Tart

The flavor of this tart blew me away! While Adam just kept wishing it was pizza (this is NOT supposed to taste like pizza...), I savored every buttery, flaky bite. A tart without the need for a fancy pan - I love it!

With a summer of fresh, ripe tomatoes just around the corner, I think I'll be making this again. Though with all those calories in the all-butter crust, next time I'll make it when there will be more than just of the two of us eating it!

The recipe was from David Lebovitz's Living the Sweet Life in Paris blog. The story behind this tart is fantastic, so I will just direct you to his site, rather than reposting the recipe.

I did change up the herbs to what I had on hand - dried parsley and oregano and I don't think the flavor suffered a bit. Though feel free to disagree with me on that point.

Make this and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

My name is Christopher Watkins, and I am the Retail Sales & Hospitality Manager at Ridge/Monte Bello. I am also, I believe, the individual referenced in the latter portion of your recent post on Yelp (assuming I've done my homework properly!), in which you describe a tasting at our facilities. While I am sincerely pleased that you enjoyed the bulk of your tasting experience, I am concerned that anything I might have done might have diminshed your enjoyment at the closing of the tasting. Were you to consider the invitation, I would consider it an honor and a pleasure to have you back for another visit, in the hopes I might provide the full measure of hospitality we always strive to offer. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you wish to take me up on the invitation.

Regards,

Christopher Watkins
Manager/Retail Sales & Hospitality
Ridge Vineyards/Monte Bello